Thanks to everyone who attended our May 3rd meeting! The room was full (we promise to try and get Swedish to give us a bigger meeting space for our June & August meetings) and it was great to see so many interested in hydrotherapy! Thanks to Diana & Rick, ClaudDeen, Tom, Bob & Betty, Cathy, John & Sheila, Anne, Corrinne, and a BIG welcome to Shelly & George who traveled all the way from Pueblo to their first meeting!!!
Our speaker at the meeting was Barbara Douglas, Membership Coordinator and Community Healthcare Communicator for the Shalom Wellness Center (J. Leonard Levy Family Wellness Center).
Shalom Wellness focuses on Continuing Care – from fitness through skilled care such as hospice, nursing care, etc. Barbara spoke mostly about the adult-only recuperative and wellness programs available in Shalom’s pool room.
Features of the Shalom Wellness Therapuetic Pool Room:
- 92 degree warm water, nth chlorine (no smell), water socks/specialized shoes OK
- Zero approach for those that need to access pool by wheelchair or walker (shown in middle picture)
- PVC pipe wheelchairs available for access by caregivers into pools (note: there are usually attendants but no life guards)
- Chairs available with water jets
- Hot tub and channel/current pool
- Pool depth of only 3 feet – 4.5 feet
- Water weights (stability & resistance) and pool noodles (to allieve weight bearance) are available
- Full access cabanas with benches, restrooms, and food service
The Wellness center also features a state-of-the-art gym featuring Cybex universal equipment!
Wellness Center Hours (check back monthly for changes)
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 7:00 am – 7:30 pm
Swim Lessons: Tues & Thurs 5-7 pm
Bistro: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 3:00 pm
Personal Training: available by appointment 303-400-2294
Click here for 2014 schedule.
Colorado KIT group members John Mozer and Cathy Mulligan have both used the Shalom Wellness center and recommend the facility HIGHLY! If you’d like to speak to them directly about their experiences, email us at email@example.com and we can put you in touch.