We want to let you know about this great resource for medical podcasts.
AANEM is American Association of Neuromuscular Electrodiagnostic Medicine. This is posted on the TMA Podcast section:
** You will be redirected to www.aanem.org. Create an account and download podcast of interest, no fee required.**
Diagnosis and Treatment of IBM: Drs. Anthony Amato and Richard Barohn discuss the diagnosis and treatment of inclusion-body myositis in a podcast made for the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. Their discussion relates to the article, “IBM: Old and New Concepts” from the November 2009 edition of The Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. Read full article.
Drs. Amato and Barohn discuss dermatomyositis, polymyositis and necrotizing myopathy. The interview, conducted by Dr. Ted Burns of the University of Virginia, is a publicly available podcast provided to TMA by the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Dr. Marinos Dalakas explains toxic myopathies, including statin myopathies. Dr. Marinos Dalakas talks about toxic myopathies in an interview with Dr. Ted Burns of the University of Virginia. This is a publicly available podcast furnished by the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Steven A. Greenberg, MD, talks about immune mechanisms in dermatomyositis. Dr. Greenberg published an article on this topic in Annals Neurology 664-678 © 2005 Published by Wiley-Liss, Inc., through Wiley Subscription Services. This is a publicly available podcast furnished by the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
We just signed up ourselves, here’s what you do:
1. Visit www.aanem.org and click “Create New Account”
2. Enter your information.
3. You will be emailed a password.
4. Login to www.aanem.org with your user name & password. You can change your password to something more personal by going to View Profile.
5. You can search all the AANEM archives, and download any by adding to your cart. We added Interferon-Alpha Beta–Mediated Innate Immune Mechanisms in Dermatomyositis.
6. Continue the checkout process – these podcasts are $0.00, you will not be charged any money.
7. On the final checkout screen there will be a hyperlink to Download Purchase, click that.
8. Our download automatically opened in iTunes. We can also see our download under View Profile.
Please note you have 1 year from the time of purchase to retrieve your electronic document from this area. If you have questions or concerns, contact AANEM at firstname.lastname@example.org